- A updated edition of a modern classic, with three completely new chapters, a new introduction, and a new epilogue
- Former edition has sold over 90,000 copies worldwide and has been translated into 12 languages
- Considered the "bible" of the worldwide Living Democracy movement
- Dispels the myth that economic growth, free markets, and free trade provide universal benefits
When Corporations Rule the World has become a modern classic. Korten's warnings about the growing global power of multinational corporations seem prophetic today. This new edition has been revised throughout to make it more accessible to the general reader, and features a new introduction, a new epilogue, and three new chapters. While Korten points out that the multinationals are, if anything, more powerful now than they were when he first wrote the book, he also offers reason for hope: the growth of the international Living Democracy movement opposing corporate rule.
The new material in the book:
- Documents the consolidation-since1995-of financial and corporate power at the expense of democracy, people, communities, and the planet
- Looks in depth at the nature and cultural underpinnings of the burgeoning Living Democracy movement to resist corporate power
- Offers a vision of a what a "civil society"-grounded in life-centered values rather than immediate financial gain-might look like.