• New edition of an international bestseller-over 100,000 copies sold-streamlined and updated with new material
• Offers practical, straightforward advice that people at all levels can use to be more effective in their daily work and life
• Bellman's informal writing style and long experience combine to create a book that is as fun to read as it is practical to use.
You are not in charge and you want to make a difference: that is the dilemma. You may not know who is in charge in today's changing, temporary, and virtual organizations, but you know you are not! You are searching for ways to contribute through the work you do and gain some personal satisfaction in the process. This book can help you do just that.
In this new edition of his classic book, Geoff Bellman shows readers how to make things happen in any organization regardless of their formal position. The new edition has been written for a wider audience, including people in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, paid and volunteer workers, managers and individual contributors, contract and freelance workers. More than seventy percent of the material is brand new, including new examples, new chapters, new exercises, and much more.
Bellman shows how to use his "Getting Things Done" model to accomplish great things right now, right where you are. Getting Things Done When You Are Not In Charge offers proven, practical techniques for
* Enlisting key people in your cause
* Gaining the support of decision-makers for initiating change
* Making a greater impact on the organization
* Taking the right risks at the right time with the right people
* Creating rewards for yourself through the work you do
* Dealing with organizational politics and power, and
* Getting more of what you want out of your work life.
Bellman offers straightforward methods that can increase your organizational effectiveness and your individual happiness. Getting Things Done When You Are Not In Charge will help you discover new ways to contribute and succeed.