A PEACOCK IN THE LAND OF PENGUINS – 10-Minute Training Video (2 Minutes Excerpted Above) Available from CRM Films.
• Foreword by Ken Blanchard
• A classic modern fable, this international bestseller has sold 150,000 copies and has been translated into 12 languages
• A charming, entertaining, and provocative approach to reconciling the conflict between new ideas and "business as usual"
• Includes an expanded "Tips and Tools for Teaching Penguins to Fly" section with additional practical exercises, self-quizzes, resources, tips, and survival strategies for peacocks and penguins alike
Almost everyone has experienced the hurt and frustration of not feeling accepted, of being perceived as "different" and not fitting into the group. People who have good ideas that differ from conventional wisdom are often ignored or criticized for the very thing that makes them valuable to the organization-their creativity. Innovation often comes from the most unlikely places, and people in organizations need to break out of their "penguin suit thinking" to create a climate where new ideas can flourish.
A Peacock in the Land of Penguins brings to life the challenges of birds of different feathers trying to work together through the engaging story of Perry the Peacock and the other exotic birds who struggle to be themselves in the conformity-minded Land of Penguins. This delightful fable humorously and memorably illuminates the importance of understanding and embracing the full range of perspectives that people bring to bear on their work.
This expanded edition is enhanced with practical new tips, tools, quizzes, strategies, checklists, and resources for "teaching penguins to fly," including:
• A Penguin's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Peacocks
• Positive Penguinship: What Peacocks and Others Can Learn from Them
• Avoiding Penguin Paralysis
• How to Tell if You're Becoming a Penguin
• Recognizing the Quack: A Guide to Penguin-Speak
• Case studies of how companies such as Kellogg, Chevron, and Chase
Manhattan Bank have used the fable and its tools to transform themselves into places where employees feel fully self-expressed and appreciated.