Important E-Book, Whitepaper, Audio Book and Recorded Webinar Information
Important Information to Review Before Making This E-Book, Whitepaper, Audio Book, or Recorded Webinar Purchase
E-books use the standard Adobe PDF file and ePub formats, and ePub formats for the enhanced editions. To view the PDF format, you need the Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free at
To view the ePub format, you need an ePub reader, which is available from multiple providers for desktop and mobile devices. Audio Books use the standard MP3 format. Recorded Webinars use the standard QuickTime format.
E-books, Whitepapers, Audio Books, Recorded Webinars, and other downloadable products are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Usage Terms for Berrett-Koehler E-Books, Whitepapers, Audio Books, Recorded Webinars, and Other Downloadable Products
By purchasing an e-book, whitepaper, audio book, or other downloadable product from the Berrett-Koehler website, you agree to abide by the following usage terms and restrictions that allow Berrett-Koehler Publishers to protect the copyrights of its products:
- Upon purchase of a Berrett-Koehler e-book or other product, you must download the file within 14 days of the date of purchase.
- After the initial download, you may use the provided link to download the file five (5) additional times for a total of six (6) authorized downloads during the 14-day download period. The link will be accessible in the My Account section of this website or from the original e-mail you will receive after making your purchase. You may download the file on up to six (6) different computing devices. All downloads of the file are for your personal use only. You may not lend, sell or otherwise transfer any downloaded file or your download rights to another user.
- You may print copies of the e-book or other downloadable product for your personal use only. You may not lend, sell or otherwise transfer any hard copy to another user.
- You may copy/paste up to ten percent (10%) of the content of downloaded file every 365 days. You may not copy/paste any diagrams, figures, or artwork.
- Except as permitted above, you may not copy the file or any part of the file for any purpose, including to move the file to a different computer or to lend, sell or otherwise transfer the e-book or other downloadable product to another user.
To download ePub/e-Book versions to Apple (Computers, iPhones & iPads)
Download the ePub file onto your desktop.
Open the iBooks App on your desktop (if you have the latest MacBook Pro OS). If you don’t have the iBooks App installed on your desktop, then open iTunes and click on the Books section.
When you see the covers of the other e-books already in the iBookstore, drag and drop the ePub file to the library.
Hook up your iPad or iPhone to the computer by USB wire.
Open iTunes on your desktop and click the iPad or iPhone symbol that views into your mobile device.
Find the Books section of iTunes and click on this file to identify it as a file that you want synced up with your mobile device.
Sync your mobile device with your desktop from the Book page of iTunes.
After the sync, you should be able to view your ePub/e-book material on your iBooks shelf.
To Upload PDF & ePub Files to Google Books on Android
Update Google Play Books app to most recent version for Android. Install here.
Locate the downloaded PDF/ePub file in your email, download folder, or desktop on your Android phone.
Tap the icon for the PDF/ePub file.
A window will appear to complete the action, select "Upload to Play Books" to access the file on Play Books.
Select "Always" to complete the upload.
If you have any questions about these restrictions or download steps, you may contact Customer Care at (800) 929-2929 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday).
If you understand the above software requirements and terms and conditions, click "Purchase this E-book, Whitepaper, Audio Book, or Recorded Webinar" to continue.