We only ship to addresses in the USA. Live somewhere else? Please order from one of our international distributors. Click Here
BK Magazine Just for Fun
Posted by Jeevan Sivasubramaniam, Managing Director, Editorial, Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc.
1. Comic Sans: The passive-aggressive font that thinks it's witty. It's nit-picky and complaining but does so passively for fear of actual confrontation. Look! I am raising a major issue but I’m a fun font so don’t think I’m angry or anything (even though I am).
2. Papyrus: The new Comic Sans because it is almost as hated. Papyrus is what non-artsy people with no design sense think is artsy and has a nice design.
3. Courier: The hipster font — trying to be ironic and retro but in the end just looking ugly and silly.
4. Arial and Helvetica: The factory workers of the font world — no nonsense, simple, and get the job done without fancy posturing.
5. Times New Roman: The snooty elitist font. It claims to be liberal but is a bit of a dandy and secretly harbors delusions of grandeur.
6. Zapf Dingbats would be the schizophrenic font.
7. Franklin Gothic: Used by self-important people who actually think their philosophy degree was useful.
8. Brush Script: A distant cousin of comic sans and equally inbred-looking.
9. Bauhaus: Used by vampires who also like disco music due to its dark-yet-cheesy appearance.
10. Braggadocio: You are a theater major and every aspect of your life has drama. No one likes you.
11. Curlz: You are a teenage girl circa 1982
12. Verdana: The font with absolutely no personality that no one remembers. Do you know what Verdana looks like? No, you don't, because it is utterly forgettable.
13. Impact: The font that was created exclusively for memes and other silliness. People who use Impact vastly overestimate their wit.
Sorry no comments yet. You could be the first! Log in or Join the BK Community to add your comment.